With medicinal marijuana and the new federal regulations around authorizing its use now a hot button issue from a safety perspective, DriverCheck has taken the lead in providing employers with a more thorough understanding of the changes and their applicability to workplaces.
On request, DriverCheck’s Medical Director and Chief Medical Review Officer Dr. Barry Kurtzer delivered a medical marijuana information session to a national grocer’s occupational health division at its corporate head office in the Greater Toronto Area. During the presentation, Dr. Kurtzer provided answers to the following questions:
• What is Medical Marijuana? What are the drug’s clinical applications, and what can it do for patients?
• What are Health Canada’s new Medical Marijuana regulations?
• How do the regulations impact Health Care Professionals?
• How do the regulations impact the Worker and Safety in the Workplace?
• What are the possible solutions to determine if it is safe for a Worker to perform safety sensitive work?
Dr. Kurtzer has over 30 years of experience delivering occupational health programs to employers in various industries across Canada. He is the Medical Director and Chief Medical Review Officer for DriverCheck. We provide comprehensive Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs and Occupational Health Services to more than 6000 Canadian corporate clients, with a special focus on workplace Medical Marijuana safety issues.
If you are interested in finding out more about this service, or if you would like DriverCheck to deliver a medical marijuana information session to your company, please get in touch with us by emailing Connor Page, Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-463-4310, x. 251.