We are looking for Nurse Practitioners to join the DriverCheck team at our industrial clinics in B.C. The primary function of the Nurse Practitioner is to perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose health conditions for workers at large industrial project sites. You will be responsible to work in conjunction with the Manager of Remote Medical Services.
- Provide clinical leadership and oversee the provision of treatment by other team members
- Ensure high levels of quality and professional customer and client service
- Diagnose and discuss health conditions, prognoses, treatments and outcomes with clients
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic test
- Perform clinical procedures
- Prescribe treatment as required
- Provide drug and alcohol testing as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Masters of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Certification is required
- Must be registered with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Current ACLS, ITLS and/or TNCC is required or willingness to obtain
- A minimum of 3 years of primary care, emergency/critical care and/or occupational health coupled with advanced skills in assessment, diagnosis and pharmacology
- Candidates must possess or be willing to possess CSTS, PST, WHMIS, H2S training
- Demonstrated clinical skills in primary and emergent care, with evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic medical record systems is considered an asset.
- Team player and client focused, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively with members of the public, healthcare team members in a matrix structure
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must be eligible for registry to the nurse practitioner roster in British Columbia
NOTE: These positions are subject to pre-access alcohol and drug testing and proof of current immunization status.
Applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com or fax to 519-632-9534.
DriverCheck is a national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments.