We are looking for an Advanced Care (EMT-P) Paramedic to join the DriverCheck team at our industrial clinics in Alberta and B.C. This position is located in Calgary with possible future opportunities in both Alberta and BC. The primary function of the EMT and Paramedic is to provide emergency care and response, primary care, and patient transport for workers at large industrial project sites. You will work in conjunction with the Manager of Remote Medical Services. Hours of work will be 6:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Provide first response medical care to injured workers due to work and non-work related injuries and illnesses
- Document all visits to the clinic, and send out report on these visits
- Report to identified site contact on all visits to the clinic
- Inspect and maintain all medical toolkits including, but not limited to, first aid kits and AED units on site
- Inventory and maintain adequate levels of medical supplies and medications in the clinic
- Develop and deliver health programs to workers
- Work closely with WCB Coordinator
- Participation in monthly safety meetings
- Support in maintaining documentation
- Data entry for report generation
- Assist with accuracy and relevancy of different elements within the HSE System
- Assist in the collection and analysis of statistical data for reporting purposes
- Assist with tasks related to the continuous improvement of the HSE System
- Drug and alcohol and other workplace testing (testing as required)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Valid License issued by the Alberta College of Paramedicine (ACP) for Alberta locations or the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board of BC for BC locations
- Class 4 unrestricted License and a clean drivers abstract
- Minimum 1 year of experience on a municipal or urban ambulance service
- Current BTLS and/or ACLS, ITLS is required or willingness to obtain
- Candidates must possess or be willing to possess CSTS, PST, WHMIS, H2S training
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work effectively across multiple functional areas and various professional disciplines
- Have superior interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Preference will be given to those holding approved FF designation
NOTE: These positions are subject to pre-access alcohol and drug testing and proof of current immunization status.
Candidates must provide copies of all current certifications.
Applicants should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-632-9534.
DriverCheck is a national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments.