We are looking for Primary Care (EMT-A) and Advanced Care (EMT-P) Paramedics to join the DriverCheck team at our industrial clinics in Alberta and B.C. The primary function of the EMT and Paramedic is to provide emergency care and response, primary care, and patient transport for workers at large industrial project sites. You will work in conjunction with the Manager of Remote Medical Services.
- Ensure high levels of quality and professional customer and client service
- Emergency care and response
- Clinical primary care duties
- Urgent and non-urgent patient transfer
- Day-to-day clinic administration duties such as stock ordering, equipment and vehicle checks and maintenance
- Drug and alcohol and other workplace testing (testing as required)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Valid License issued by the Alberta College of Paramedicine (ACP) or the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board of BC
- Class 4 unrestricted License and a clean drivers abstract
- Minimum 1 year of experience on a municipal or urban ambulance service
- Current BTLS and/or ACLS, ITLS is required or willingness to obtain
- Candidates must possess or be willing to possess CSTS, PST, WHMIS, H2S training
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work effectively across multiple functional areas and various professional disciplines
- Have superior interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Preference will be given to those holding approved FF designation.
NOTE: These positions are subject to pre-access alcohol and drug testing and proof of current immunization status.
Applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com or fax to 519-632-9534.
DriverCheck is a national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments.