Join us and help maintain and develop a technical, complex system used by numerous employers across Canada every day. See how your work enables our clients to easily manage data that is necessary to ensuring the effectiveness of their workplace programs.
DriverCheck is a family and physician owned and operated national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments currently seeking a motivated QC Tester/Software Developer to join our team at our head office in Ayr, Ontario.
The position’s primary focus is to execute software testing activities and assist with writing code for software development. You would also help coordinate tasks involving a variety of related stakeholders. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for this position.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience working in a QA or Software Developer role
- Strong Object Oriented Design foundation
- Working knowledge of Java, MongoDB or Websockets/RTC is desirable
- Experience handling complex environments and an understanding of how to coordinate across many applications
- Able to work both independently without close supervision and in a team setting
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple code stream releases
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, using tact and diplomacy when working in a diverse team
- Ability to learn quickly without formal training
- Ability to communicate in both business and technical terms with varying abilities of team members
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary certificate/degree (or working towards) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Test case creation
- Test script execution
- Review of both test cases and results
- Ensure the test cases and results are properly reported and documented
- Ensure defects are logged into defect management tool, and assist with defect tracking and resolution
- Provide progress information and escalate issues to manager
- Provide updates for testing results and statistics to manager
- Contribute to test metrics and status gathering
- Assist with and execute end-user acceptance tests
- Assist with software programming tasks
- Act as a liaison between developers, users and a variety of stakeholders
Applicants should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.