We are looking for Registered Nurses to join DriverCheck’s Emergency Treatment Team at our industrial clinics in Northern Alberta and Northern B.C. The primary function of the Registered Nurse is to perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose health conditions for workers at large industrial project sites. You will work in conjunction with the Manager of Remote Medical Services.
- Work as a member of the Emergency Treatment Team
- Provide nursing assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation of care
- Focus on promoting, maintaining or restoring health, and assisting the prevention of illness/injury
- Be committed to professional practice and personal development
- Work relatively independently, but will also work collaboratively with the client company
- Manage and remain calm within an unpredictable fast (or slow) paced environment as required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of baseline or periodic health surveillance program
- Document and report compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Code and/or OSHA
- Assist with the drug and alcohol testing program and maintain document control
- Collaborate with other health and safety professionals to establish and promote injury prevention, wellness programs and initiatives
- Customer service and relations as appropriate
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be licensed and a member in good standing with the Alberta College and Association of Registered Nurses (CARNA) or the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Must have knowledge of the college’s standards of practice, Primary Heath Care, and Advanced Knowledge in assessment, diagnosis and health care management
- Current ACLS, ITLS and/or TNCC is required or willingness to obtain
- A minimum of 3 years of primary care, emergency/critical/acute care and/or occupational health coupled with advanced skills in assessment, diagnosis and health care management
- Candidates must possess or be willing to possess CSTS, PST, WHMIS, H2S training
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work effectively across multiple functional areas and various professional disciplines
- Have superior interpersonal, communication and public relations skills
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
NOTE: These positions are subject to pre-access alcohol and drug testing and proof of current immunization status.
Applicants should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-632-9534.
DriverCheck is a national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments.