Drug & Alcohol Testing for Child Protection Services
As a family-owned and operated business, we recognize the importance of creating a healthy and safe living environment for children across Canada. Through testing, we provide information to be considered in determining if a home is free of alcohol and drug use.
We offer objective, defensible results
We provide child protection agencies with industry-leading testing services for maximum integrity and defensibility. We believe drug and alcohol testing programs should be standardized at protection agencies across the country, with one set of rules, procedures, and testing cut-offs.
Caseworkers are educated on test types, time windows of detection and how the collection process works. This helps them decide which type of test to use based on the requirements of each unique case.
Menu of testing options
- Lab-based urine drug testing
- Point of care urine drug testing
- Lab-based oral fluid drug testing
- Hair analysis (including body hair)
- Alcohol testing
- Meconium testing
- DNA testing
- Standard 5-panel:
- Marijuana (THC)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin)
- Amphetamines (amphetamine, methamphetamine, ecstasy – MDMA, MDA, MDEA)
- Option to add drugs/medications such as methadone, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methaqualone, and propoxyphene
- Additional drugs as requested and available, or a total toxicology screen (more than 20 drugs and/or drug metabolites, including but not limited to: Meperidine, Diphenhydramine/Dimenhydrinate, Phenylpropanolamine, Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine, Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Doxepin, Citalopram, Topiramate, Gabapentin, Methylphenidate, Phenothiazines, and Fluoxetine/norfluoxentine)
We provide mobile, fixed-site and in-home testing. Specimen collections are available during the day, evenings, on weekends and holidays, and live agents are available around the clock for urgent calls. Collections can be monitored to safeguard the integrity of the specimen. And we take additional steps to prevent samples from being adulterated, substituted, or diluted.
We use professional laboratories that have expertise in hair testing, and for urine testing, we use laboratories that are certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Because we understand the importance of quick and accurate results for child safety, we expedite test results for child services cases.
- Same-day results for urine point of care drug screening tests and alcohol tests
- 24 hour turnaround for lab-based negative drug test results (24-48 hours for hair test results)
- 48-72 hour turnaround for lab-based positive test results
- 3 to 5 business days for further testing, if required
Medical Review Officer (MRO) services
Our MRO reports and summaries provide defensible results for non-negative tests. The letters include situation-specific information which is carefully analyzed by our doctors. Our in-house MROs can also provide you with guidance on testing programs and can offer expert witness testimony, if necessary.