April. 13, 2018 [Calgary, AB] – Medical cannabis authorizations continue to increase at an alarming rate across Canada, and with the legalization of cannabis scheduled for 2018, concerns are being raised regarding the impact this will have on employees and the workplace.
Join us for this educational seminar about “Cannabis in the Workplace”, on Wed. May 2 in Calgary, AB. This will be an open discussion highlighting the challenges employers may face with the evolving landscape of medical cannabis and pending legalization.
The price of registration is $50 + applicable taxes per ticket.
To register please follow this link: Cannabis in the Workplace
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Kristen Gouveia, Marketing Coordinator at email@example.com.
Date: Wed. May 2, 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Location: Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel, 2620 32nd Avenue NE, Calgary, AB
9:30 am – 10:00 am: Welcome & Registration!
10:00 am – 10:15 am: Opening Remarks
10:15 am – 11:45 am: Cannabis in the Workplace
Chris Wilkinson, Program Consultant, DriverCheck Inc.
- Cannabis facts and information
- Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation (ACMPR)
- Workplace drug policies
- Legalization of cannabis
- Effects of cannabis on one’s duty to perform safety sensitive roles
11:45 am – 12:45 pm: Lunch
12:45 pm – 2:15 pm: Navigating the Complexity of Medical Cannabis Accommodation
Shelly Bischoff, Founder and Director, Ptolemy & Associates Inc.
- Employment considerations
- CFPC prescribing guidelines
- Guidance on how to manage cannabis accommodation requests
- Collaborative approach with unions
- Thresholds to determine legitimacy of medical cannabis treatments
2:15 pm – 2:30 pm: Closing Remarks