Drivercheck is currently accepting applications for project opportunities located in Alberta. The primary function of the Physician Assistant is to perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose health conditions for workers at large industrial project sites. You would work with the Manager of Remote Medical Services and under the direction of the Medical Director, Remote Medical Services.
Reporting to the Medical Director – Remote Medical Services, the Physician Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing medical and first aid services to members of the workforce for emergent and non-emergent care by providing comprehensive assessments, diagnosis, intervention and management of client care;
- Provides leadership and actively participates in program development, evaluation, and teaching activities;
- Ensuring that the occupational health clinic is adequately equipped and stocked to handle on site emergencies;
- Assisting to develop and maintain the health surveillance program;
- Assisting to develop and maintain the health and wellness based programs and educating patients on health promotion and disease prevention;
- Administering health and safety aspects for Return to Work, Drug and Alcohol, and Fatigue Management programs;
- Maintaining health records for all employees and contractors.
- Must have obtained Canadian Certified Physician Assistant (CCPA) designation, granted by the Physician Assistant Certification Council of Canada;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification;
- Trauma Life Support Certification (Advanced certification will be considered an asset);
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience working in an industrial setting or relevant clinical experience;
- Experience as an Audiometric Technician, Spirometry Technician, Quantitative Fit Testing Technician, or Certified Drug and Alcohol Collector will be considered an asset.
NOTE: these positions are subject to pre-access alcohol and drug testing and proof of current immunization. All applicants must have a valid drivers’ license.
The successful candidate must have the ability to operate autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment. You will demonstrate strong communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software.
If this position interests you and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, then please apply by email to: email@example.com. or send by fax to 519-632-9534
DriverCheck is a national provider of workplace medical testing and assessments based in Ayr, Ontario.